Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sugar Cookies

I don't bake..i just can't seem to do it...I just bake from the box...its the only way it ever turns out edible. My friend Stephanie loves to bake and has been giving me mini lessons here and there...so I decided to share one we did a few days ago....She baked I did help ice the cookies but mine didn't turn out so pretty..but I did eat them...yum! Here's Stephanie's sugar cookie recipe <3

Roll-Out Sugar Cookies:

1 stick butter-unsalted-room temp
1 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 eggs-room temp
1.5 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter


Combine the following in a bowl and set aside:
-Four, baking soda and cream of tarter: SIFTED


Combine in a stand mixer the following:
-cream together butter and sugar(s) until fluffy
-add in 1 egg at a time while stirring
-add in the Vanilla


SLOWLY combine the dry sifted ingredients into the mixer (1/2 cup at a time)

The mixture should be together and very soft. Place soft/sticky dough onto plastic wrap and place in the fridge no less than 3 hrs-over night best.


-COOKIE CUTTING:
** I suggest using wax paper lightly dusted with flour for rolling out dough. The colder the dough, the easier to work with


OVEN set at 350 and cookies should NOT brown. They will almost look raw. The cookies, average about 5-8 minutes to bake. Set aside and do not decorate until completely cooled


ICING:
-1.5 cups Powered/confectioners sugar
-3 tsps cold water
-1 tsp flavor extract (We used vanilla)
-A few drops of food coloring if desired
yum! Miles was out for the day with my mom when we made these...but Grey seemed to enjoy watching us!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day ...as for us it was crazy we had Grey I made cupcakes (from a box) for Miles and we painted Valentine's ..I went a bit nuts with the boys and am sooo tired so I'll post our Valentine's post tomorrow...enjoy your night and Love the love! xoxotrash


No comments:

Post a Comment