Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dance team

Last saturday i went to see my niece's dance team competition. It was amazing! A bunch of teams from around connecticut competed and my niece alicia's team won second place in hip hop! They really were awesome! Since she's now a senior this is her last dance recital type thing that we will have  :( She has been dancing since she was just a wee little thing and I can remember going and watching her dance..fumbling like all little ones do ...so to see her now blew my mind! She has a real gift and watching her dance after working so hard after so many years made my heart feel so good. I'm beyond proud of her and can't wait to see what amazing things she does next! But let me tell you it was my first experience at one of these things and if you like so you think you can dance like i do...you would love this! Even though it was sooo incredibly loud and a bit sweaty in there and even though I had a pounding headache i had so much fun! I wish she invited me to all of them!!! (guilt..alicia ;) I made 4 signs and screamed til I almost peed my pants!! I had a blast!!!
here's some pictures from the event...i'll be posting the videos as soon as possible so you all can see why im the proudest aunt around!!
                                alicia...in her hip hop gear..isn't she gorgeous?!?
                                                                         my signs!
                                                                    warde dance team!
after the dances all the teams went onto the dance floor for a giant dance party!

                                                              alicia is so strange
                                                          medals and a plaque!
alicia will probably be pissed at me for posting this picture but its ok i love it...tears....4 years on dance team and this was the last dance..everyone remembers all the tears that happen your senior year...this photo is priceless to me...a hug from her mom and that beautiful face with a tear in her eye....

                                           crazy aunt giving her niece a kiss!
alicia and the rest of the warde team you guys rocked!! I'll post the videos soon so you can see why i'm bragging! xoxotrash

No comments:

Post a Comment